RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airtech Germany eGears (SERIOUS WARNING!)
Old 06-13-2016, 12:37 PM
ija

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skywarrior
Hi
so having changed from Elec brakes back to because of disappointing performance I still retain the e units which seem to work fine ( except the travellers break after a while)
what spec do I ask for from Gaspar (2s 3s ) and is there a spec for the boards for these units?
I use a PB Comp SRS and I am looking to use S bus from the 7008 Rx and power from the spare plug socket on the Comp unit as it it regulated to 5.8 v
so I would prefer to match the boards to this voltage.
How does this spin to you ?
Xicoy units support wide voltage & current range... It's not restricting factor at all. Airtech Germany dude instructed me to use their egears with max 2S LiPo. Motors get warm after some cycles so you really should not increase voltage beyond 2S LiPo. 5.8V regulated is probably a very good idea for retract function. It's slower than direct 2S LiPo though. You can feed this voltage from PB to LGC15's MPX connector. It's not however enough for brakes but as you said brakes are very poorly performing anyway and not in use this is not an issue for you. You will receive right encoder boards by asking Xicoy to deliver you "Airtech Germany upgrade encoders". Those are perfect fit at least to the engines Airtech Germany delivered to me for CARF ViperJet. (I don't know if there are different sizes of motors with some other gear sets)

BR,
Ilkka