RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Jet Trainer "FireBird"
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2016, 04:12 AM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesroutledge
It's really sad that a thread about an economical trainer, which would allow guys with limited budgets to enter the world of jets has been hijacked by conceited arrogant morons.
Badmouthing this plane has stopped the flow of info about a really good plane. A friend of mine has one, and it's a real peach. Easy to fly, economical , very forgiving.
Don't let the jibes of guys with too much money spoil your opinion of this plane.
Wow! Back in the day, I would've ripped you apart. I'm in a much better place now.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My issue was with the name choice. Tom Cook worked hard for many years to earn his reputation for producing world class jets. I consider him a friend, and thought using the Firebird name for a balsa and monokote trainer jet was in extremely poor taste. Lots of other names out there. If that makes me a conceited, arrogant, moron in your opinion, God bless you.

Beyond that, the day has not arrived, where I woke up in the morning and said to myself," I have too much money!" I work hard for the money I have. Nobody handed it to me. Thanks for your assessment of my financial status though. I do consider myself blessed, and am humbly grateful.

Lastly, This thread is years old. If your desire was to altruistically promote this airplane, you simply could've left it festering in the archives, where no one would be reading it. Maybe a little self examination of motives, tactics, and perspective might be in order. All the best,

Erik