RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW Aerobatic Sport Jet "Rebel" from Pirotti Models Italy
Old 06-16-2016, 02:05 AM
Quandry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only had an hour to tinker on the build last night so just a quick update.

Made up a flight ply reinforcement plate for the inside of the canopy and glued that home. Once the canopy legs are fitting well I can fit and glue the main pin

Taped and measured the slots for the canopy legs. I checked this against the fues but in the absence of any cutting marks etc, I'm just using the 'eyeball it' approach.

They're sitting square and where I want them so its time to glue them from the underside with Hysol

I checked the glue and everything dried well and where I wanted it this morning. In hindsight though I thought of a better way to do this would be to make some discreet mounting blocks glue the leg in to the block (through a slot) and then glue the block to the canopy. Would have used less glue and been an overall neater setup... If one of my friends builds a Rebel or I build a Pro in the future I will do that. I might try and grind away some glue and retrofit a block in behind the leg anyways...

Tonight I want to cut the slots in the fues for the legs, that should be carefully measured, drill a hole each end, then use the thin cutting disk (deep breaths lol) to try and get a clean cutout.