RCU Forums - View Single Post - Warbird Racing on the East Coast
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 08:52 AM
JeffH
My Feedback: (43)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The two grass fields near me are not not putting green but still pretty good. Smaller foamies can taxi on them. The only truly putting green surface that I know of is Triple Tree, home of the Joe Nall.

Paved runways are few and far between on the east coast. There are two in Northern VA/MD. The fields near Fredricksburg are all grass I do believe, but the two that I mentioned are not THAT far away from the 'Burg.

My field has a 180Ft Fiberglass mat runway, which would be fine but refer back to the comment about the pilots having to stand a good ways away from the runway due to trees. There is one club near me that has an asphalt runway, but they have a altitude restriction due to being close to an airport. Of course racers do not normally need much altitude!!
The other good part is that you are within 5-6 hours of Old Julian Airport in NC where they have a dedicated pylon site, but as far as I know, no Warbird racing yet.

Are the rules that you pointed me to the same that are being used at the Nats this year?