RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 07:38 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've always wanted to take my Evader to track. Might get a chance soon since a church in town has decided to rope off a section of lawn and put in a half-legit track. Nothing spec, but it's something.

I agree, love driving the ST a lot. I run 35wt all around and was looking at dropping to 30wt in the front. But I just installed a rebuild kit on the ST shocks and for the first time in the history of me owning the car, the shocks actually sealed up and haven't leaked a drop in 5 hard runs. So yeah, there's no way I'm messin with em now... lol
Originally Posted by RustyUs
Today was a great day. I got to run the Evader at the track once again after a long streak of me driving other RCs. One thing the ST showed me today...how great of driver I am....Hahaha .

Seriously, I've been busy trying to get other RCs dialed in; built, or get parts for. Now that I have my borrowed Evader's tires back on the axles, off to the track I went. After driving a squirrely butt 2wd SC truck for the past two weeks, that feeling was brutal. Put the Evader on the same dirt that the SC was on... the ST was a pleasure to drive, and made me feel like I knew what I was doing .

The last time I went over the Evader and re-built the shocks I think I used 20wt in the front and 20wt in the rear. I normally don't use that thin of oil (normal setup I use 27.5wt/30wt), but I had a bottle that I'm trying to use up. So my shocks were a little under dampened. Great smooth ride, just a bit of bottoming out on a few washboard/bumpy areas.