RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIG Kadet Junior
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 09:13 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by buzzard bait
A guy at our field got frustrated flying various modern ARFs too soon after he soloed. Things like a Tower Uproar, H9 Twist, etc. Even his trainer was high powered. I suggested he was trying for too much performance too soon. He bought a Goldberg Eaglet 50 on Craig's List and put an OS .15 LA on it. It flies beautifully and he has been enjoying it for a year now. It is about the same size and weight as the Kadet Jr. and has only three channels.

Several years ago I picked up a Kadet Jr. with an OS 25 FP and had a great time flying it till it crashed when landing on a gusty day and the oil soaking caused major joints to let go. I'd still like one. They are as big as most electric trainers and the engines run great. I have the plans. If Sig still sells the landing gear that would be nice. Looks like an easy scratch build, and you could easily make it lighter.

Jim
NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm plans building a pair of JRs right now and one of them is getting a 25 FP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As I said in a prior post, the 25 FP is the engine I bought for the kit when I originally built it. Too bad it was destroyed in a move before I got to cover and fly it. I kept everything as far as hardware so I could replace it eventually. Now, I have two in the works(was only supposed to be one, made two right fuse sides by mistake), one gets the 25 with tricycle gear, the other gets a 35 with floats. They both get a highly reduced dihedral and barn door ailerons

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 06-21-2016 at 09:28 AM.