RCU Forums - View Single Post - A sneak peak at the new Taigen Leopard 2A6 lower hull :)
Old 06-22-2016, 01:36 PM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Ok so the video now is uploading and should HOPEFULLY be live before I leave work. I broke down the tank and took off the suspension arms and torsion bars to show how it works as well as show off most of the components as well. I will give away a few things before it finishes though:
-High/Low motor gearboxes, 4:1 ratio, 390 motors, and custom shafts (I'll explain later, gearboxes will be available for these in the ball bearing type of course)
-Water Resistant lower chassis with O-Rings on the suspension arms to help with liquids
-Ball Bearing supports for output shaft from gearbox for extra smooth operation and less stress on gearbox shafts
-2.5mm minimum thickness, 3mm+ on front and bottom
-2 Piece design with removable back plate
-Super thick torsion bars (about 2x than previous)
-Dual ball bearings on each road wheel and idler wheel
-Adjustable tension arms (Same style as HL, but metal and bolted on)
-Switches on the rear of the tank
-Easy Open latch for upper hull
-Adapter to accommodate the HL upper hull

Prices:
$199.99 - chassis, rear plate, electronics plate, torsion bars, and metal suspension arms
$349.99 - chassis, rear plate, electronics plate, torsion bars, metal suspension arms, steel ball bearing gearboxes, metal drive wheels, metal idler wheels with bearings, metal road wheels with rubber tires and bearings, and metal closed pin tracks

Video:
https://youtu.be/cyREocW_PEU