RCU Forums - View Single Post - A sneak peak at the new Taigen Leopard 2A6 lower hull :)
Old 06-23-2016, 05:26 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Merganser
Wow! Sign me up for the complete kit. Do I need to call now with a credit card number? Can we hope to have one of these before Christmas? I will also be in line for the M1A2 Abrams. Now if you could just come up with some trucks. There must be millions of Vets who drove 1 ton and 2 & 1/2 ton trucks in the service. Thousands of these trucks were converted to wild land fire trucks and also put to use with the Forest Service after the war. The Dodge line of trucks were used by every major army and yes the Germans loved their captured Dodges and jeeps. The kids in the group have only to look at the opening credits for "Mash" to see a Dodge truck in action. The basic frame and running gear used for a deuce & 1/2 and Dodge Power wagon style trucks could be used on lots of different trucks, but they do need to be 1/16 scale.
I'll see if I can get a better ETA soon for these, there is still a tweak or two I want to do to it before releasing so that might delay it a hair but at least it is 95% done! The Abrams will be done just as thick and will have a great suspension as well, I'll be working on that one soon enough
Originally Posted by Strato50
Great video! That's a unique way to hold suspension components in place; at first I couldn't really see how they'd be very stable in there but I think it's something I'd have to hold in front of my face. The least amount of suspension wiggle possible is what counts :P I like how heavy the construction is. Keep up the awesome developments guys.
Thanks! This guy is going to be a crowd favorite I can tell. It is thick and durable and should a welcome addition to any Leo. The O-Rings should help a decent amount of water and moisture out too, with some caulking in the rear and maybe some flexible silicone/marine grease for the suspension arms I think waterproofing would be pretty easy for this guy!