RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 11:49 AM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DieHarder
I've always wanted to take my Evader to track. Might get a chance soon since a church in town has decided to rope off a section of lawn and put in a half-legit track. Nothing spec, but it's something.

I agree, love driving the ST a lot. I run 35wt all around and was looking at dropping to 30wt in the front. But I just installed a rebuild kit on the ST shocks and for the first time in the history of me owning the car, the shocks actually sealed up and haven't leaked a drop in 5 hard runs. So yeah, there's no way I'm messin with em now... lol
Having some sort of track to run on is better than nothing. That's great! I know if I did not have a place to run my RCs within walking distance, I probably would not be here .

First time for shock rebuild kit...that's awesome! I know my shocks have the original shock cartridges, but I at least change the o-rings once a month or more. It all depends on the amount of packs I put through the Evader. I've reverted back to marking down each and every run I make with each RC. I try to do my bearing cleaning/lubing; together with rebuilding shocks, every 10 packs for my 1/10 buggy and stadium trucks. I bought a crapload of them red-orange-ish o-rings from The O-Ring Store LLC. Buying prepackaged OEM shock o-ring/rebuilt kits gets to be a $$$ endeavor after awhile. Having the same size o-rings in most, if not all, of my 1/10 RCs helps, so I buy bulk packs of 100 pieces at a time.