RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rebuild of a Aquacraft V-24 (thoughts)
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 10:13 AM
Team Lucas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by expresscraft
i think it is a pretty cool hull and you will have lots of fun with it. Do not compare apples to oranges though. the boat you have is a pretty scale MODEL boat. There are some hulls out there that were built for the sole purpose of running fast. So I am not saying if you go to a club lake that there will not be faster boats or ones that handle higher speeds better. But i do think your hull does work pretty good and should be great on a stock motor. Most models weak links are there builders and not the parts. What I am saying In the right hands if it floats there are guys that can make it fast. Might not be me or you but some of the guys racing just spend a lot of time at the lake, Understand what they are seeing and make very little adjustments one at a time. some that you will not even see a difference. but in the end after lots of time on the water those little changes add up. Most guys with RTR type boats are not those guys. So who really knows how good that boat really can be?that crowd I am talking about are the same ones that win almost every time they race. The rest are just guys that follow them and normally try to copy them.So what is most important is to just have fun and do not worry if it is the fastest boat out there or not.
Thanks a lot for your replies. Actually leans me more towards my next hull being the THUNDERCAT {since you reply to questions.....that means a lot}. I purchased a ele. Cat little over a month ago. {before I saw your hulls} Hard boat to keep on the water. I know this may be unethical to ask questions about a Cat I did not get from you. But if I could, would make me like Cats better. Boat is much like a tunnel I use to run years ago. 36 inch twin prop wants to go airborn at over 55 to 60 mph. So question would be .... one would think adjusting the drives down 1mm or 2 would put the nose down, but it also lifts the stern up. Does that not make it "float" more at high speeds? I was thinking there is less boat in the water now, and with the tunnel, it would lift more. Like I said, if me asking this offends you , I'm sorry but I like the Catamaran style. By the way I'm old and use to race wood nitros, that you had to build, years ago. Wanted to build another and not many wood kits out there, I bought a Mono wood kit and thinking putting the new things I got for the V24 in it, I think I need a 29 or so for the V24, where as I just have a new stock 26. I like speed that Cats have, but I like control that Monos have.