RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rebuild of a Aquacraft V-24 (thoughts)
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 02:04 PM
Team Lucas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by expresscraft
Of course I sell boats for a living, But after owning a store front hobby shop for 25 years. I am very use to helping people with questions on other peoples products. And really the only reason someone like me that is just a small business can even be in the boat market is that it is too small for any big money companies to care about it. So for me helping grow our hobby is always just fine for me, Personally just like my hobby shop I like making customers part of our business. I do not consider other manufacturers as competition, but as part of model boating. I only get mad when someone waxes up our boats and copies them with just a few changes.Then even in those cases I end up being the one to help those guys customers because they have not paid there dues (time in our hobby) learning how to make good running bottoms or the parts needed and where to put them to make them run good. They are just fiber glassers and they come and they go.
For your cat and most. the prop shafts need to be up a little from the bottom of the ride pads. and with a little trim to push the bow down. You do not want lifting props. Also look at the center of the tunnel if it is a very fat wing it will gain a lot of lift and will never be as fast as one with a thin wing. Of course in gas boats with big engines you need the space to fit the motors. so most are thicker winged boats, they can still go pretty fast and in most cases the motors will not push them past there limits. also on the bottom of the transom under the boat you can use balsa wood and some filler and make a air foil like what is on the back of small cars. so when the boat is fling that airfoil is push the bow down. you will need to play with this but it does work.and it does not need to be big.So what I am saying is do not put more then 1-2 degrees of negative on the strut making none lifting props lift any ways.
A properly set up cat will spoil you on handling. There is a old saying that is if it is not a cat......It's a dog.
I'm going to use that quote :} I think my problem was the x447s, there lifting props What would that Tundercat do with a stock 26 Zeoah ?