RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 03:22 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NorfolkSouthern
I visited a club again. I asked about quads, and was told that they go where the helis are, which makes sense. He also told me that there's really nothing exciting about watching a quad fly. They go up for a few minutes, get bored, and eventually buy a plank. Now, before anybody accuses me of maligning fixed wings, keep in mind that that's what I always flew when in the hobby. If I get the chance to start back in the hobby, I'll once again be among the circle flyers.
Putting the quads with helis makes sense.

As for getting bored watching quads, well, one mans being bored is another mans being interested. To each their own. Not sure I follow the fellows logic about a quad going up, and then a pilot gets bored and goes out and buys fixed wing? Does this fellow realize a quad may be doing the same exactly thing, ie flying in circles? I've met plenty of quad pilots who got bored out of their minds flying planks in a circle.

It's a good time to get back into the hobby though, plenty of interesting aircraft out there and the prices are pretty reasonable. Good luck, and have fun no matter what you fly.