RCU Forums - View Single Post - Foam core .40 size profile fuse?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2003, 11:53 AM
Ten-Man
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Foam core .40 size profile fuse?

I have been kicking this idea around for about 2 years now and have never given it a try. My plan is to use dow 1/2" foam and sheet it on both sides with doorskin and probond. I'll lay in the hardwood rails for the motor mount and landing gear. Then I plan to cut a Foam wing using 2 sandwiched pieces of 25lb high load foam with FG rods and some lightning holes. I am just going to cover the wing with low temp covering no balsa. The wing trailing edge will be blasa and will have stick built up ailerons. The tail surfaces will be made from Coroplast with CF stiffners. This plane should build in a couple of days be very light weight and almost indestructable. At least thats my story and I'm sticking to it. Scince I haven't buildt one this way before it is still a mistery. I want a plane that flies as well as a Morris kit but is faster to build, cheaper, and tougher than a Morris kit. I have been building combat planes with similar technology for about 2 years now and I think it will all work quite well. If you have the time and a couple of bucks give it a try and let me know what you find out.