RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 09:53 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I don't have data going back that far, but according to the bureau of transportation statistics, there's been 170% increase in domestic revenue departures just since 1956. To think that we can "do things as we've always done them" in the face this growth is, in my opinion, asking for trouble. For the 400' limit, I'm just advocating that the Congress force FAA to be consistent with respect to traffic separation in the airspace. If commercial drones are too risky above 400' AGL, then those operated by folks who aren't even required to pass a vision test or FARs test must be too risky as well. I would like to see them allow for flights above 400', but require a NOTAM to do so.

http://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/sites/ri...ion/index.html
Frankie get real ... Revenue generating don't fly below 2800' With in 25 miles till cleared for an approach. On take off they climb as fast as they can and when they hit the 5 mile radius or ATA edge they are well above 1500 AGL mainly for Noise abatement.
We are not the Enemy. Like I stated earlier Just like AR 15's because of a few Idiots we responsible R/C Flyers have been Lumped in with these idiots. Again NO civil revenue generating Fly low enough to be bothered by any Traditional R/C or even UN traditional "DRONES" when flown in a responsible manor. U don't blame the Tavern or Car for people driving Drunk why blame the Law abiding citizen or R/Cer. U can quote all the statics u want none of them pertain to the Operation of R/C model aircraft and Revenue generating aviation. Besides 99% of all R/C flights are probably below 400' anyway.
If they would keep Revenue generating aircraft at 500' AGL outside the ATA they still would be required to be 1000' above any R/C Field. Witch is just to obsoured to even consider.