RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 08:53 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Then that must mean the FAA is illogical:

"Most manned aircraft operations transit the airspace at or above 500 feet AGL, and an altitude limitation provides a necessary barrier between small unmanned aircraft and a significant majority of manned aircraft operations in the NAS."

- pg 217 / 218 of US Department of Transportation, RIN 2120–AJ60, "Operation and Certification of Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems"
Let me ask a simple question. When is the last time have U seen an air liner outside the ATA below the altitude of say 2000' AGL. I'd Venture U have never seen any maned airplane where u fly below say 1500' AGL. Just walk out side and tell me how many airplanes of any size U see below 1500' in the next week. Or how many U see with in a mile of any AMA flying sight below 1500' AGL unless the field is located on an airport as the one I frequent every day is.
Due to inactivity in the last 4 or 5 years I see maybe one TO and Landing a week.
99.99999999% of aircraft don't fly at levels that present a problem from Any model Aircraft including Drones flown properly. The Bottom line is that The FAA and some here are making a "Mountain out of a mole hill or better yet a problem where one has never existed". But alas some people will just keep on beating a dead horse just to try and prove they are far superior intellectually than their detractors, No mater the topic.

Last edited by HoundDog; 06-28-2016 at 08:57 AM.