RCU Forums - View Single Post - washout question
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2016, 02:08 PM
alex5

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is so easy ,since I use cad.I place my base airfoil at 0,0,0.Including my chord line.I have max chordal perpendicular in my airfoil,which intercepts my chord.I draw my dihedral line,2 degrees from horizontal,starting at 0,0,0.I rotate the source profile 2 degrees about the chordal intercept for angle of attack. I create a non associative path array,using my dihedral line as the path and my base point as the chordal intercept point.this creates the distal profile at 48 inches. I rotate the entire distal profile -2 degrees about the trailing edge point,and move the profile vertically, to align with the chordal intercept.I draw a line from the trailing end point of the profile at both locations.Then I create an array(16) along the path,of the trailing edge lie,and manually rotate each profile to align with the chordal intercept,and the trailing edge line.the end result is profiles that are centered about the chordal intercept(dihedral) and rotated to suit washout at the trailing edge.