RCU Forums - View Single Post - Meister 1/5 scale P-47
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2016, 10:47 AM
Prekin
My Feedback: (19)

Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by ram3500-RCU

The list of what we have done this off season to her and before War Birds Over East Bend next week.

1. repair damaged engine mount
2. reinstall serviced engine (serviced by Julian Mashburn, the best in the business IMO)
3. reinstall newly built replacement antenna
4. repair damage to the bottom nose
5. minor service on the cowl flaps
6.repair hanger rash on the vertical stab
7. refurbish main service hatch
8. minor repair to side vent area from hanger rash
9. fill ABS bucket wheel shroud with expandable foam to prevent further damage. It is solid now and no longer fragile. (Zombie is all wood. this is not an issue with the FG fuse)
10. inspect the entire air frame for loose wood joint (only found 4)
11. install new aluminum gear doors
12. install new Down and Locked gear to replace the original CJ gear we had converted to electric.
13. inspect wings for loose glue joints. (none, we do this all year)
14. minor cosmetic service on the wings (i am leaving all the small dents in the leading edges from the corn stalks, I like the "patina"
15. repair minor scuffs to the bottom of the cowl from the gear up dead stick on the runnway at the Cleveland air show a couple years ago.
16. What I do not do is rub or polish the aluminum any more than a light cleaning. It get better looking every year IMO. This is only possible if you DO NOT CLEAR IT
17. stiffen up the belly pan a bit more. The gorilla glue has done its job during the (3) belly landings over the years. More here is good,
18. CLEAN THE FRICKIN SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary, how did you achieve so realistic aluminium look?