RCU Forums - View Single Post - Warbird Racing on the East Coast
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 02:01 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually if you team up with someone, you wouldnt race that person and that leaves 3 guys out of the event you wont race, if there were enough rounds run. That means you would eventually race 15 out of 20 guys. How is that a bad thing? Seriously guys that is the way it should be. Even with the Sams way of names pulled from a hat, chances of racing a better variety are less likely. I'll say it again, several times using the system at Sams Series, I race the same guys.
Point of the reply from me was that it was stated Tommy raced at the Fresno race, and other RCPRO races the same guys in every heat, which according to our records isnt accurate. I can post if you'd like.
I just dont want misinformation given that paints a bad light on the Nats race.
No system other than purposely picking guys is gonna give you more of a chance to race a variety.
The big issue with what we use for the Nats is two fold
1. When the matrix is made at the beginning of an event, and if there are a lot of pilots dropping out, you get smaller heat numbers of pilots. - but this can be fixed by redoing the Matrix at the beginning of each day.
- but in doing this it makes you reidentify your wing color, and opens the door for you to re race some of the guys you did the previous day, that normally you wouldnt.
2. If you have less than 7 pilots, similar to what Tommy experienced at Victorville, then yes, you will race the same guys more often. But how would a random draw from the hat change that?