RCU Forums - View Single Post - Warbird Racing on the East Coast
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 04:02 PM
MFLOOD3800
My Feedback: (51)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shawn,
I appreciate your opinion and input. The reason for using what I am using is not to draw pilots in. It is a very good system in my opinion, and thats why I use it. I am familiar with it in Q40, Q500, RCPRO, and Club racing. The "draw from hat" has no appeal to me, as I stated earlier, cause I often race some of the same guys at those events any way. I have been to 6 West Coast races and if I remember correctly you and I have only raced 1 time. At Redding, my first year, I raced one of the Shaw boys 2 times and Mick twice. Then Again this year, Shaw 3 times again. It really doesnt matter to me as long as I have a fair chance to win. Its gonna happen that you race the same guys at the "Draw from a hat" system. But with the computer generated system, names get shuffled in an algorythm set that keeps pilots shuffled properly.

My response to this thread was for this reason: The Nats system does NOT make you race the same guys in every heat.
That is why I replied.
Im not here to argue who has the better system. I love the Sams races, the rules and especially the people who work so hard to make them great events.
My argument was with what was incorrectly stated about the Nats race/matrix system.

As far as me and you being tied, that wont happen, you dont show up to the races any way
lol
My point again is no system is gonna get you 100% variety, in fact no even your Sams system, as far as I have seen, doesnt do what the other system does.