RCU Forums - View Single Post - Servo Question TF F4U Corsair by TF.
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 09:13 AM
gregoryshock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemikiller
HS-81s are good servos, but due to their "mini" size, cannot withstand abuse or shock like a standard size servo. They should be fine on the ailerons, but I would install the metal gear kits in them if you decide to rebuild. The ARF version of this plane has individual aileron servos. Mine has HS-5485HBs all around.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUW28&P=Z

or for $2 more, upgrade to the HS-82MG.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXTRE2&P=ML
Thank you for the suggestion. I was thinking the same thing. Metal gear if I decide to put the plane back together. I am aware that the ARF uses two standard servos for the Ailerons. That is part of what bothers me. I don't know of any model airplane fitted with micro servos for each aileron like I did.

Looking at your posts, it seems you were running a 14x7 3 blade?
Thank you for reading my old posts. But they are old posts. I'm not going to run any 3 bladed propeller this time. And probably never ever again.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/ques...l#post12080807

From experience, I have never had good luck with 3-blades on 2 stroke engines and the one you chose, IMO, was far too large for the AX75. I tried them a couple times and never went back due to poor thrust and speed.

For your current 91, I would recommend you use a 2-blade prop called out in the manual. Once you learn the airplane and are comfortable with it, you can always test different propellors to see what they'll do for you. Don't overthink it, just use what OS recommends and get 'er back in the air!
just use what OS recommends and get 'er back in the air!

In the past I had good luck with OS recommendations. But this time I found out that even if I put the maximum size 2 bladed propeller on the OS engine, it won't run at the RPM that Bax (OS support guy) says it needs to run at. *That is one of the contradictions that caused me to take a blind leap of faith. I currently believe that Bax is right and the OS manual is wrong.

For the record lets drop all mentions of 3 or 4 bladed propellers. I just did what seemed right for me at the time... What pulled the plane the best on the ground. 3 bladed moved the plane and the 2 bladed ones I had didn't appear to do the job for me. It was an honest mistake. I will never try to use a 3 or 4 bladed propeller again. Something strange was going on... And I'm not sure that I want to continue talking about it anymore. I upgraded to a bigger engine, hopefully with it's power and a decent 2 bladed propeller it should pull.

Current Issues that still need corrected on the airplane:

Aileron Servos

Landing Gear

Hinge Repair

Monokote

Cowling

Last edited by gregoryshock; 07-01-2016 at 09:25 AM.