RCU Forums - View Single Post - Knowledge Quiz for Warbird wiz
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Ernie P.
My Feedback: (3)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Top_Gunn
Since Adrian won't be back for several days, I'm going to declare myself right about my answer to his question and post a new one to keep the quiz going.

Looking for a warbird.

1. Only a few of them produced, but all the ones that were manufactured were used by the one service that acquired them.

2. Some were civilian aircraft converted to military use, others were built specifically for the military, though based on civilian aircraft.
Go for it, Top_Gunn. I was hoping Adrian meant "next" Thursday rather than "next Thursday but one"; but apparently not. You're right; we need to keep things rolling. Thanks; Ernie P.

PS: I spent a very long afternoon trying to recover my granddaughter's SIG LT-40. A classic "lockout", apparently. Suddenly, nothing worked. The plane went into a gentle left circle, very slowly working it's way lower and lower. Lots of time to verify nothing seemed wrong at ground level. Unfortunately, we had a pretty brisk wind from 6 O'clock; and the plane was last seen dropping below tree level a half mile or more away. Aerial help from a friend with a Bellanca couldn't pick up a location. We'll look more tomorrow. Tnx; EP