RCU Forums - View Single Post - MOKI RADIAL Care and Maintenence
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 01:59 AM
Ragz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi, I flew my P47/moki250 last weekend. This was after almost 8 months. After starting up and warming the engine I got a Idle rpm of 850 and top end of 3825. I did not tweak the needles at this time. I assumed this was good to go. I had a 8 min flight and just as I deployed gears and flaps for landing, I could feel the engine losing power. I throttled back to almost idle and nursed the plane back safely. I found that the idle had increased to 1250 and the engine would not go above 20% throttle... it wanted to lean cut. Let me add the weather conditions at the moment are hot and humid. During my last flight on this engine, it was cooler and not humid. Could the weather have caused the engine to over rev and get lean? I use the emcotec HV pump. The engine was quite hot as well. I am almost certain, that I need to either richen the needles, or increase the pitch. I use the Carf models 30 inch carbon blades and the needles are as per manual. H=1.75 and L=1.25. Fuel used is 40:1. Thankfully the engine seems to be structurally sound with all push rods in place. The exhaust manifold nuts became a quarter turn loose. As always. I spray wd40 after every flight and open up the cowl to check every 3 flights. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Any suggestions?