RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting closer for this new RC tank
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 10:18 AM
ausf

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The deal was $100 to reserve without the final price (at least what they sent me).

They never tell you what the shipping is and usually estimate on the high side, but charge actual UPS or pretty close to it. I've been put off in the past by that method, because I balk at high shipping, but when it does go, it's reasonable.

Banzai gives you sticker shock with their $90 shipping, but again, it's EMS air and I've had it in my hands in 2 days. When prices are close, I go with AAF to support local, etc., but it usually takes over a week with UPS ground (and I'm just 8 hrs up 95).

I chose to use AAF for the Panther G and Pz IV over using Banzai because I have a bunch of Attack Txs on hand. But it the end, I use my older Attacks for subs because they're AM, so I would have been better off ordering overseas, I would have 2 2.4 Attacks and saved a few bucks.

I'm just putting that out there for you Gary, AAF is the only good option for Tamiya and parts in the US, but if it's the difference between you getting a Tamiya or not, a cheaper price and the best tank Tx available is a deal sweetener.