RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any Supertiger experts out there ?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Supertiger experts out there ?

I have a supertiger 90 glow motor that does not seem to like me any more. About 2 years ago I had it installed on a chipmunk and it ran perfectly. One of the best running motors I have ever owned. I clipped a cyclone fence on a landing approach and killed the chipmunk. But I gently removed my prize super tiger , cleaned all the glow fuel out of it and gave the inside a bath with after run oil , sealed it in 2- 1 gallon
plastic storage bags and put it in the closet. Well I am buying a yak and I wanted to use my wonderful super tiger 90 in it. I put the motor on a test stand to check it out and it seems its very mad at me. It fired and I let it warm up real good at about 1/3 throttle. Then I slowly began to give it more throttle and it sputtered and died. Tried to fire it up again but it would not start. Thought maybe the jets might have some crud in them so i pulled them out and blew through the holes they go in and every thing looked fine. I reinstalled the jets. I blew air through the fuel inlet and turned the high speed jet in untill i could not blow air through it. (that was with throttle wide open). Then I turned the high speed jet out 2 1/2 turns. Then i closed the throttle and blew through the fuel inlet again while turning the low speed jet untill no more air came out. Then I turned it out 1/2 turn.............
Im gonna post this and finish on another post now..............