RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting closer for this new RC tank
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Crius

Received 313 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by ausf
I know Horizon Hobbies official warranty on planes, etc is it'll work when you get it home, but they have sent me so much stuff, no questions asked, even if I didn't ask for it. If I called tech support because a servo hung up, they would talk me through the reason (grit from the ball field landings I was doing) and then send me a new one free. They even replaced my son's planes and parts after crashes.

Big companies that can afford it should do that, it goes along way towards peoples loyalty. I still look to Horizon for stuff first based on my past experiences.
I recently bought a Temper crawler from Horizon Hobbies and it got taken apart to make a scout car. Then the esc went bonkers. I called them up and even with them knowing what I had done to the crawler they sent a brand new esc/rx, no charge. They want to see photos of the scout car when it's done.

On the other side of the coin, a friend just spent a lot of dough for an unpainted RTR M36 from Mato and was told that removing the tracks, or in any other way disassembling the tank to paint it, would void the warranty.