RCU Forums - View Single Post - 4*120 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 05:47 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

hey Guys, for along time now I have been wanting to show you my plane,, while yes it's only a 60, it is still a 4-Star,

it was crashed around 10 years back, gave it to a friend, he never fixed it so I got it back, and while I have a thing for things different, and for open cockpit planes I decided to bash it to look like an old open cockpit racing plane, I'm thinking about calling it "Charley Horse 17" LOL

the first thing I did was to move the Cockpit back (maybe to much, what do you guys think ??) and make it an open Cockpit, at that I had to do something with the upper front deck, and rounding the top of the front deck didn't seem correct because the side of the plane are flat and square, so I angled the upper front deck, while surely it is different I think it looks neat, what you think,,

I plain to shorten and round the tips of the main wing, round the top of the rudder and the tips of the tail wings... from the cockpit back it will be covered yellow, the first 5 or 8 inches of the fuse (and including the full engine cowl) will be covered in large B/W checkered, the middle around the cockpit will be covered in a soft red or an orange to blend into the yellow,, the main wing's bottom will also be covered in large B/W checkered, but I am also thinking the whole main wing would look good completely covered in large B/W checkered (what do you guys think ??)

Engine; I would really like to put a 4-St in it, a 91, 95 or even a Saito 100,,,,, but I want it fast, so I am also thinking about putting a 2-St 91 in it with a larger than stock muffler or a tuned pipe, and I do have a Mack quiet tuned pipe setting on the bench,

I know some of the hard core guys wont like it, but hey, it's my plane..

tell me what you guys think

Jim

PS, see my photos below

Last edited by the Wasp; 07-10-2016 at 06:11 PM.