RCU Forums - View Single Post - Taigen's 76mm Sherman! Pictures inside!
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 01:31 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
I will mention this If the Panthers turn out to be very popular (I'm guessing so) then this might be an option. I can already source the exhausts though btw. The single we should be able to modify from the KT if not a direct fit, and the triple exhaust you can pull from a Panther A backplate (as well as the single if you wanted to have a plastic version) as long as you got two plates. That leaves the flame suppressors on the stock G and F. Let me know what you are looking for and I'll see what I can do ok?
When I do a Panther (which will probably be my next project...after I build the funds), I want to do an early Ausf G from the 12th SS PzDiv at Normandy. That will be without the chin on the mantlet, without the crew heater (basically the same rounded vent on the rear deck on both sides), and with the single piped exhaust using the cast armored covers. You could do the exhaust from an Ausf A tank that HL already makes and just lop off the two side pipes on the portside exhaust pipe. I'm not sure that the KT exhausts are the same as the Panther; in fact, I'm pretty sure that they're not. See the attached pages from one of Trojca's books to see the different exhausts used on an Ausf G. (note: attachment is a PDF and will probably download to your computer rather than popup as an image.)
Attached Thumbnails Pages from Pzkpfw. V Panther vol 1 (Tank Power 01).pdf