RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Seahawk 72 Build
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 05:25 PM
mistycreekboats
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Foxvalleypcgeek
I had it hooked up to a hose and spent nearly an entire bag of gas turning the needles and giving it gas while holding on to it. 1 1/2 seemed the best on L, the H does look like it can go leaner but I left it there for the meantime, it gets hard to hold onto by myself with 1 hand lol. At first I had it set running on a picnic table and ended up way too lean on the L, once it was in the water it would die with any pressure on the rear<script id="gpt-impl-0.28389184261593214" src="http://partner.googleadservices.com/gpt/pubads_impl_91.js"></script> end. It should be very close indeed!

All I know about the prop from Dasboata is its a 3 blade stainless, I don't actually know the measurements.

For the fun of it I tried a smaller 3 blade aluminum prop still here from the enforcer 57 boat, and this boat did not like it one bit, it felt light I had no turning with extremely wide turns. That came off in a hurry.

Basic Tuning info - might help understand a bit better why to trim header and carb settings

Boats will not "Tune Well" on land - it will be close but not really the same

On land it has no real 'Load" on it so the engine will act diff when you 'load it up'

Better to be "fat then Skinny" on how rich/lean carb is set

Often they 'sound good ' on land then die in water when they are fat or lean

Start a bit fat then lean it down on the water - once you trim the header the "Tuned Pipe" will act like "Supercharger " and drawn way more air and fuel in

With the header being long the pipe chambers can't work - so no real supercharging and motor wants to die when you 'overload' it with fuel and the extra 'load' of spinning the prop in the water

Just my view

And yes Tom and I don't always see eye to eye - but always agreeing wouldn' be any fun now would it

LOL

Randy