RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are we as hobbyist UAS users in the clear for now? can we jump for joy? or to soon?
Old 07-14-2016, 12:57 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
You might be able to reach him through Franklin. It's a great hobby, but it's also what we make of it too. For some, the glass will always be half empty, no matter what.

I'm at the age where I've come to realize that some folks are happy being miserable.
Plenty of happiness at my house...where I fly a lot more than I ever did when I was a member of the club. All I had to do is make some small adjustments to what I fly.I

Now, I can go out my garage door, fly 8 batteries worth, and be back in less time than it would have taken me to drive to the club field and back. Not to mention, I get a nice walk, easy place to fly, nobody bugging you, nobody crashing into the pits, no waiting for someone to stop hovering a 20cc over the runway preventing anyone else from flying, etc.

As I've said, I'm not a club social type person. So the value proposition is limited. I'd rather spend my time flying. I'd rather spend my money with HK to get more stuff to fly. To each his own though.