RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 03:51 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually got annoyed with the Glads by the time they got down to the blocks. New tire time. 😏

The foams I'd make were made with egg crate foam glued together, then carved with a steak knife into a round foam shape. Pretty time consuming when you can just go buy a pair of blue foams for what, $12? But being retired, sometimes I have more time than money.

I agree with you about tires with some kind of knobby for off road. If ya gonna play in da dirt, ya need some kind of pin tire. I liked the Glads, but when I started using them on my 4wd cars I didn't like the grip drop off once you wore down the first pin step. I tried some Calibers and found they actually gripped better in dry dusty conditions. So I've been using them since. Of course, ProLine killed the Caliber 2.2 truck tire. 😬 Natch! (I bought several pair on Amazon) Fortunately they're still making the Caliber SC. They're great on short course trucks. And the amazing thing is, even though they're a small pin tire, they last a heck of a long time. And the pins are the same size all the way down to the tire carcass, so the grip level stays the same.