RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are we as hobbyist UAS users in the clear for now? can we jump for joy? or to soon?
Old 07-18-2016, 12:01 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmiket
You must fill out a application for LM status. along with s 4 references and a resume than be approved for your LM status,. If your referring to that on your application you were giving several designations that entirely possible.

Mike
back around 79-80 i applied for CD. was successful, passed the test and was awarded my CD and offered a chance to change my AMA number, which i declined. too many aircraft to redo numbers on.
about 2 years later, my AMA card started showing Leader Member Admin along with the CD. i never applied for it. was later was told a similar story by hoss. the same thing happened to him around the same time frame, although a coupla years ahead of me. we think it was for not ever having a complaint filed about any event we ran, getting all the paperwork turned in correctly and in a reasonable time frame, and for running events correctly.
the scientific was added around 88-90, and it also is something i never applied for. i was told that i was presented for consideration as scientific leader by a group of fliers that promoted me for my work in making Ducted Fan and Turbine model aircraft available to everyday modelers. whatever that means, and i was never told who these folks were.

Last edited by mongo; 07-18-2016 at 12:04 PM. Reason: formatting, date correction