RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are we as hobbyist UAS users in the clear for now? can we jump for joy? or to soon?
Old 07-18-2016, 12:44 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mongo
back around 79-80 i applied for CD. was successful, passed the test and was awarded my CD and offered a chance to change my AMA number, which i declined. too many aircraft to redo numbers on.
about 2 years later, my AMA card started showing Leader Member Admin along with the CD. i never applied for it. was later was told a similar story by hoss. the same thing happened to him around the same time frame, although a coupla years ahead of me. we think it was for not ever having a complaint filed about any event we ran, getting all the paperwork turned in correctly and in a reasonable time frame, and for running events correctly.
the scientific was added around 88-90, and it also is something i never applied for. i was told that i was presented for consideration as scientific leader by a group of fliers that promoted me for my work in making Ducted Fan and Turbine model aircraft available to everyday modelers. whatever that means, and i was never told who these folks were.
Interesting.

More interesting that this apparently was the single thing Hoss didn't complain about....getting a designation without filling out the paperwork! Turning in the event ppwk doesn't get someone a designation, but does get one a discount on dues (another reason for those complaining about the dues increase to get more involved).

Not signing the application form is odd as well as it required a pledge.