RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jets Over Kentucky 2016 "The World's Grandest Jet Event"
Old 07-19-2016, 09:34 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello everyone. I just wanted to post a note thanking Lewis and all of this team for presenting one of the best jet rallies I have ever attended. We arrived on Sunday night and got to the field on Monday. As I was moving up the drive that first morning the first thing I noticed was that all of the tents had been set up. WOW! In years past these were normally set up on Monday or Tuesday. This time it was done well in advance of the event for the pilots. Moreover, there were over 90 Pilots registered on Monday! Unbelievable.

I have to say that everyone there, pilots, helpers vendors etc were fantastic. If you ever want to go to a rally that doesn't have drama and caters to pilots this is the event to go to. Flying is non stop from 8am till dark every night. I brought 5 jets and flew all of them. The airport manager was fantastic to work with and every accommodation for the pilots was made. Also, the runway has recently be repaved and it was smooth as silk. The flight line operated like a fine tuned swiss watch. With the record number of pilots in attendance I think I only saw at max about 4 jets lined up waiting to fly. The loud speaker system was fantastic and helped pilots hear the communication on the flight line and most everyone there did their best to communicate with others. I have to say this is unique to any other large rally I have been to. When you have six jets in the air for hours at a time it becomes critical to keep the line moving and pilots in the air.

The parade of lights and subsequent fire works show was entertainment wrapping up this fantastic week. Everyone seemed to enjoy that night.

Thanks go out to Lewis and his team for putting together this excellent event. Also one other thing. For you guys with wives, bring them to JOK! The girls get together there and have a blast! It's like a home coming event! Johnnie and I fully intend to come next year (maybe not with 5 jets lol - keeping up with all of those damn near killed me on the last day when I had to put them all up lol).

Thanks again and see you guys next year!

Andy