RCU Forums - View Single Post - gas kadet senior
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 07:29 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John, Thanks for your thoughts on the "clone" Kadets. My recently sold Sig Kadet was well built and nice and light for it's physical size. The knockoff was poorly built and made out of some strange type of wood. It had little to no real balsa. The parts were nicely lazer cut but lacked good glue joints. I added glue, reinforcements, glue, modifications, glue, balsa wood, glue, plywood, and some more glue. I feel good about the airframe now and look forward to flying it. I did a "restyle" to a taildragger with Cub style tailfeathers, dural main gear with Cub type bungies, oversize dubro inflatable main tundra tires, sprung tail wheel, functional wing struts, functional tail wires, Cub Yellow covering with black lightning bolts and black "NC" numbers, and to finish off the fake out, Piper teddy bears on the vert stab. Yea, it's a fake Cub. I have lots of real scale model Cubs in all sizes, but somehow thought a Kadet made into a fake Cub would be fun. This new, but castoff knockoff Super Senior provided the basis for this venture. Just having fun . I did an engine run and taxi test in my yard today and it's ready to fly. I'm pumped, can't wait for Sunday.