RCU Forums - View Single Post - JetCat V10 ECU and Jeti telemetry options
Old 07-21-2016, 04:37 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by felker14
Wayne, If I go Xicoy route, I take it I can start the Jeti box emulator with it? Yes this all new to me so suggestions and directions are appreciated. Do you mount display in model? FYI current plan on equipment is Jetcat P140 RXI and Power Box Mercury with 2 Jeti R3/RSW RX's (Central Box 200 is option but would prefer Mercury for gyro)
Thanks
With the Xicoy FC1 I can't think of any reason you would need to use the Jetibox with it. It has a full display built right into the unit which I mount directly in the model. I simply watch the display during startup. If the airplane hasn't flown for a while and I need to prime the fuel line, I simply access GSU functions from the built in display. Once I put the hatch on I then can do any further monitoring directly from the transmitter.

I should mention that I'm using a Kingtech turbine which uses the Xicoy ECU. I know that Xicoy offers the FC1 setup to work with JetCat also but I'm not sure about directly using the GSU functions from the FC1 display with a JetCat ECU. Hopefully some one with first hand experience with the FC1 / JetCat will chime in.

Don't get me wrong, the CB Electronic JJXC EX is a nice unit and I have one in my JetCat powered Boomerang XL but I have found trying to navigate ECU functions via Jetibox to be enough of a pain I simply dig out the actual GSU and use that instead if I need to perform a diagnostic function.

Last edited by wfield0455; 07-21-2016 at 04:40 AM.