RCU Forums - View Single Post - Was this a good-to-go ground test .....or am I grounded??
Old 07-23-2016, 07:05 AM
rustyrivet
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Skylark,
I was suspicious of some of the details myself (the ones that you highlighted in red for me), and this is why I was sure to mention them. Because I had never flown a plane with a gazebo or metal patio furniture surrounding it up in the sky, I wasn't informed of the path by which the radio waves worked. As a novice pilot, I had some how assumed that the "FM" in a JR receiver worked like my "FM" car radio with unhindred penetrating reception. I was NOT aware that our FM toys were suseptible to "multi-path" radio interference. (a term somebody explained to me at the other websight)

John,
Thank you for that simple confirmation that it should be a direct line with nothing between it, and that is how it was intended to be. As I explained to skylark, that while it makes sense NOT to fly the plane around patio furniture or inside of tree tops, I had thought the FM signals worked differently with a broad range that penetrates obstacles. BTW....as mentioned in my post, the plane is electric and not glow.

Thank both you gents for the help.