RCU Forums - View Single Post - Was this a good-to-go ground test .....or am I grounded??
Old 07-23-2016, 07:22 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rustyrivet
Skylark,
I was suspicious of some of the details myself (the ones that you highlighted in red for me), and this is why I was sure to mention them. Because I had never flown a plane with a gazebo or metal patio furniture surrounding it up in the sky, I wasn't informed of the path by which the radio waves worked. As a novice pilot, I had some how assumed that the "FM" in a JR receiver worked like my "FM" car radio with unhindred penetrating reception. I was NOT aware that our FM toys were suseptible to "multi-path" radio interference. (a term somebody explained to me at the other websight)

John,
Thank you for that simple confirmation that it should be a direct line with nothing between it, and that is how it was intended to be. As I explained to skylark, that while it makes sense NOT to fly the plane around patio furniture or inside of tree tops, I had thought the FM signals worked differently with a broad range that penetrates obstacles. BTW....as mentioned in my post, the plane is electric and not glow.

Thank both you gents for the help.
Where di you ever get the idea that FM in a car has unhindered radio reception? Have you never seen the antenna in the windshield?