Thread: 400 foot? NOPE
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 10:56 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
The only remaining question being would be , how much would a fair inspection fee be for inspecting such a model airplane ? My car inspection takes 15 minutes and costs $30 , so in the car world inspections are $120 per hour , coincidentally the going labor rate in most of the small garages near me . Now , if it's gonna take a reasonable hour to affirm a large model safe , how much would be out of line ? $25 ? $50 ? I wonder what the threshold would be for folks to really begin squaking at the cost ....
The threshold for modelers....lol, I think it would be from dollar one! Having some outside company inspect their plane for a fee? Are we looking for the Govt to be more involved now in the hobby to tell us how to operate? Has there been some issue with 55lb plus planes, or is one person looking for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. And if so, for what purpose?

Why would this need to get done again...because Frankin doesn't want the AMA involved in something having to do with big RC planes? This talk of eating crispy bacon is confusing and enticing me, I'm might need to go back and look at the logic for this again.