Thread: 400 foot? NOPE
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 01:35 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
I guess only he can answer that , I will not speak of his motives since I don't know what they are . I can tell you with certainty , MY only concern is safety , and to be honest with you it was that crash he showed the video of quite some months ago , the one of the large RC aircraft at an event , that opened my eyes to the potential for injury should that model have gone a different path than it did . All I'm saying is that at some size point yes , an inspection by a second set of trained eyes makes good safety sense , and I myself have no further agenda in the matter other than wanting things to be safe enough that we never do end up hearing any stories of large numbers of injuries resulting from a large scale RC crash . All "Luck" runs out eventually if that's all a safety program is based on .
It was probably the crash at Warbirds over Delaware with the Mac Hodges B-29 crash. No injuries, just property damage.

I don't think anyone is against safety measures or anything reasonable that would help to stop injury or damage. There is however only so much that can be done. An FAA inspection doesn't guarantee that a scale plane won't crash, for a number of reasons. The degree that we should go, or the AMA, or the FAA perhaps is this issue (and the costs associated with that).

Incidentally, WOD just wrapped up last week, saw some great videos from it, no crashes that I'm aware of.