Thread: 400 foot? NOPE
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 02:19 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Thank You Ira , this is along the lines I was thinking .

Now , as far as porcia's "There is however only so much that can be done" statement , In my opinion the fact that the AMA does require inspection is good enough for me , and I have no problem with the AMA's large model inspection program . My main question centered around non AMA members , shouldn't their over 55# models be required to be inspected also ? Now , if they do have to be inspected and they aren't AMA members , and it's an AMA member that's contracted by the FAA to do that inspection , then the AMA member who does the inspection deserves to get paid for that inspection just as the guy who puts the inspection sticker on the car's windshield gets paid .
Would this not be part of the same issue Frankin has brought up (and others) in the past about the feds requiring some type of payment to the AMA, only in this example it's a member of the AMA instead of the AMA itself. Also, it's one thing for an AMA member to inspect another AMA members plane as part of a membership program, or just because they are a nice guy/gal. Now the AMA starts taking a fee for his/her inspection and they sign off it's good to go. The aircraft crashes, the issue is traced to something the inspector misses. Is the inspector on the hook for something now?