RCU Forums - View Single Post - gas kadet senior
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 07:46 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

John, Well today I did the maiden on the Kadet knockoff with the Piper Cub clothing. Fun airplane ! First off, I was able to fool several people that should have known better with the Cub looks. Questions like "is that a clip wing Cub?" or "whose Cub is that?" let me know I hit the mark with the Cub restyle job. That's what I wanted to do. As far as the flying goes, you were right about the 11.0 lbs RTF weight not being a factor. We had to readjust the NV on the K&B 61 several times to find the sweet spot as it kept leaning out in the air and dead sticking (it glides fine). It required quite a bit of down elevator for level flight and after trimming and then re adjusting the elevator linkage between flights so the trim when centered had the needed down elevator setting in it, it flew straight and level hands off. With the K&B 61 adjusted rich enough to not dead stick any more, loops from level flight were big and without issue. Power is just right. Rolls were pretty snappy for the type and size of the plane. A small amount of up elevator at the start of the roll with a bump of down elevator at halfway and a small amount of rudder used with the ailerons made nice rolls. It would also do stall turns and fly inverted, all I could ask for out of a restyled Kadet. Of course the best thing this "Kubdet" did was slow, low flybys looking like something from from Lock Haven, Pennsylvania. It's a keeper.

Last edited by 52larry52; 07-24-2016 at 08:03 PM. Reason: spelling error