RCU Forums - View Single Post - How Big is "Big"?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 03:47 AM
sensei

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by born2build
Sorry about the "test". It seems this site can be a little goofy sometimes. I'll try this again. I'm thinking I should have titled this thread, "How Small is Small?" First of all, I'm not referring to any specific segment of the hobby. I was thinking in more general terms. I used the 35% reference only as an example. Come to think of it, IMAC flyers are some of the worst offenders when it comes to diminishing someone else's modeling efforts, especially when you call another guy's 2 meter span model as "tiny". What's up with that? Not everyone can afford to invest $5,000 or more in just one airplane.
I guess it's a good thing that I am just a sport pilot that doesn't compete in IMAC, I would hate to be grouped with those guys, and gals like "Speedracer the offender", LOL. I enjoy all areas of the hobby, large or tiny, slow or fast, electric or gas, aerobatic, warbirds, jets, you name it... You asked a generalized question in regards to size about an Extra 300 platform with a span of 78". You did not say anyone in particular, so there was no attack on anyone in particular, but now all of a sudden it's diminishing someone else's modeling efforts, especially when you call another guy's 2 meter span model as "tiny". What's up with that? It is a 50cc size airplane with just under a 2 meter span, goto any bigbird event and see for yourself, a model with a span of 2 meter sitting around with models alike in the 35%-75% size range... It will indeed look tiny setting beside it's much larger counterparts. It still took somebody the time and effort to design, and the time and effort to build or assemble. End of story, there is no hidden meaning. So with everything said, I have just got to ask... Are we still talking about airplanes, or something else there buddy, I mean why the cut on IMAC people unless you have a dog in this.

Happy Flying,

Bob

Last edited by sensei; 07-25-2016 at 03:52 AM.