Thread: 400 foot? NOPE
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 05:25 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
As a CD I can ( and have) done inspections for members along with the other CD's and LM's in my club. We take this very seriously but I am comfortable doing them for the people I know since I also know how they build and fly. That's the only reason I'll sign off on them. The fact that I've watched these being built I'm very sure about construction and everything else that's gone into the air frame. This makes a big difference on my end.
Mike
No inspection is perfect, nor does it matter sometimes how well the aircraft is built. Nor for that matter would I ever sign of on a plane just because I know how someone builds and flies. If you have an event and someone from another club comes to yours that you don't know, are you not going to sign off on the plane because you don't know how they fly or how the build? The fact is you inspect the plane and if everything looks the way it should, you sign off on it. That doesn't in anyway preclude a mishap, either with the aircraft failure of some type, or the pilot doing something stupid. Nothing is perfect, nothing is guaranteed.