Thread: 400 foot? NOPE
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 07:09 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
While I agree that airworthiness inspections should be carried out the same regardless of who the builder is, they are effective in vastly reducing incidents. I have been appointed as an inspector in many events that I have gone to and have deemed a few airplanes not flight worthy. I truly beleive I have prevented a few crashes. These were mostly at pylon races where linkages are checked, hinges, engine mounts, wing attachments, I look for any part of the airplane that could be ejected in flight. I have seen things like so much slop in the aileron torque rods that the ailerons had 1/8" play, I found one airplane where the rudder throw was backwards, one that the vertical fin was cracked at the attachment point, I have found loose servo trays. All these had the potential of property damage and injury. Obviously impossible to say exactly what was prevented other then the potential of a serious accident.
Absolutely on point. You can't say 100% you prevented something, but in all likelihood you did. So to follow up on that how did the folks take the news? I haven't had any significant issues but I've seen others have a tantrum when turned away post inspection.