Thread: 400 foot? NOPE
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 05:29 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Inspecting at a fly in or contest is not the same as a over 55lb inspection. Just talk a look at the paperwork. Not only is the air frame inspected but the pilot must fly several flights in front of the inspectors to prove competence to be signed off. Even with all this anything can happen and does all the time. A guy who spends the time and money on a over 55 lb air frame has minor BS addressed long before asking for the inspection and waiver.

How this went from over 55lb inspections and who should do them to this is beyond me.
Mike

it shouldn't be beyond you, you were the one who started talking about being a CD and how you feel more comfortable signing off on some planes since you knew how the plane was built, and how the pilot flew. To me it's irrelevant how the pilot flew in the past, and to some degree at all. My concern in the plane in front of me, and if it's looks safe, and performs appropriately.

As a CD I can ( and have) done inspections for members along with the other CD's and LM's in my club. We take this very seriously but I am comfortable doing them for the people I know since I also know how they build and fly. That's the only reason I'll sign off on them. The fact that I've watched these being built I'm very sure about construction and everything else that's gone into the air frame. This makes a big difference on my end.
Mike