RCU Forums - View Single Post - Our Battles With the FAA Are Not Over!
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 12:25 PM
TimJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Interesting questions you've posed Tim. As for the politician, well, he is doing what he does best. Talk. In this case probably to an empty chamber, but he's able to show clips to his constituents back home that he's there fighting the good fight! It's cynical I know to say it, but there's a really good chance he is really trying to protect the interests of big dollar donors like Amazon, Google, Intel etc if they are going to be pumping jobs and tax revenue into his hurting economy. What does a few thousand AMA members do for him? Probably not much.

It will be interesting to see what the UK ultimately decides on.

As for the elections, you're right...the "right" people need to be involved and keep the AMA moving along. Who will be running should be announced officially very soon, and I hope they all release campaign statements dealing with specifics. I also hope they are positive and forward thinking, not bashing whoever was in place before. That's a huge turn off for me. Someone apparently already found out he was not going to be on the ballot so has tried to start a grassroots campaign using proxies on his behalf. His intentions aren't 100% clear, but he leaves no doubt as to where he stands with MR/Quads. He certainly has a focus on fixed wing, especially all things giant scale, and jets too! Wants "extras" for vendors at events, of which he is one oddly enough. He of course talks about "change", and how we need to move past the "sale ol same ol", and yet he seems to want to back to how the AMA was years ago. Talk about confusing !! So far there really seems to be some conflicts of interest, but I suspect we haven't seen anything yet.

I too hope some strategy has been discussed, and maybe even put into play for those key states where this might be an issue. CA, NY, FL are three I can think of off the top of my head.
The Amazon thing is something I think many people should take seriously. Amazon's goal is to have things up and running in about 4 years. They have the hardware figured out. They have proposals of how to run the airspace, not it's a matter of them battling with politicians and people whom stand to loose a great deal if the airspace is lost of divided up.

As far as your assumptions on the AMA President, said person is currently running a campaign and asking people to write him in. Knowing who this person is, I am certain that he can gain traction if he keeps pushing.