RCU Forums - View Single Post - Caelus New F3A design by Top RC Model
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 01:14 AM
guerins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default contradrive on Caelus

Originally Posted by snowman44
Hey guys, I received the Caelus today and wanted to get started on the build thread, unfortunately I will only be posting pics and giving general views tonight as I am leaving early in the morning headed to South Arkansas for Thanksgiving with my family. However I do plan to get started first of the week getting it ready to go.

First of all, the package arrived in great shape and surprisingly only took about 8 days to get here. A very nice touch from the guys at Top RC Model was an email that I received on Monday letting me know that the model had arrived at customs in San Francisco and would be clearing customs there very soon. So to say the least I was surprised when I got the call from my post office this morning that they had a large box they needed me to come pick up.

Following are pics of the unpacking of the different components.

Hello guys,

I've came across this thread and reading your comments that this plane is a good choice for whom's looking for a composite plane with an affordable price tag.
I would like to know if anyone has fitted a ContraDrive unit on it and if yes how it behaves and moreover if the correct CG
is easily manageable with the added nose weight.

many thanks in advance for your replies
guerins