RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sig Riser 100 electric Build
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Aquila1954
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that the anti-vortex wing tips are a pain to cover, considering I have had 2 Aquila's. My first Aquila was the Standard Class 99". But I don't have have that anymore, I was heart broken when I crashed that. Non-repairable. This happened around 1985. I flew it for about 2 years before. After folding port wing it came straight down from about 600', needless to say from the nose to the wing root all disappeared, into kindling.
I still have my Aquila Grande' though, but I have to remove a dent in the boom behind the trailing edge of the wing. When I had down stairs something was laying on it for about 20 or so years.

I don't think the stabilizer will be affected to much, not like a fin for the rudder. At a glance it looks normal, but looking down the body from the front. You can see it still, not much. But it there, I think it will be taken care of when I glue stabilizer on. This week some time.

I really like these instructions sometimes, like the 2 balsa blocks you put in the wing for the bolt on version. They tell you use a T-Square to line the blocks with. If I kept building for 25 years I might have. But I don't, and I can't afford to go out and buy something like that, since I am on a set income.

Sig assumes every modeler have a full workshop maybe. I don't even have a tap and Die kit. I'm going to see if my neighbor has the one. I wonder if it is to late to go rubber band instead to hold the wings to the body. Just saying, I will prevail and try the bolt on though.