RCU Forums - View Single Post - Churchill
Thread: Churchill
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Churchill

I have always wanted to build a Churchill, but the suspension and road wheels looked like a bad dream to me. I finally decided to try it in small steps to see how it would go. I got some of the big parts done and thought that maybe I should build one side at a time so that I could build the opposite side without the mistakes and modifications I experienced building the first side. I have built the first side two or three times so far, but I think the second side will go faster. I started this project on July 17th and this is as far as I have gotten. Then all I will have to do is build the other side and all of the stuff between the two sides, plus the trailer. It's going to be the Crocodile version (someday). This project is a big pile of little scratch built parts. What you see is around 400 individual pieces. It made me wish I had a 3D printer. I think this project is going to take some time to finish.

At some time in the future I am considering painting this tank with one of these spray paints. Has anyone used them? Any suggestions for another appropriate color for a Churchill?

Tamiya TS-9 British Green Synthetic Lacquer Paint.
Tamiya TS-61 NATO Green Synthetic Lacquer Paint.
Tamiya TS-5 Olive Drab Synthetic Lacquer Paint.

rex
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4303.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	2175439   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4304.JPG
Views:	276
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	2175440   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4305.JPG
Views:	181