RCU Forums - View Single Post - Churchill
Thread: Churchill
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Rex Ross

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

As I finished both sides of the track suspension of my Churchill, I sat there and looked at everything to make sure I didn't miss any minor details. That was when I noticed an incredibly horrible, dumb thing that jumped out at me and told me I am a senile old coot who knows a lot of cuss words when he makes a mistake. The armored side plates did not extend out far enough to allow for the proper installation of the fenders over the tracks.

The width of the track on a real A22f is 22 inches. The track I thought would work for my toy project is from the HL Jagdpanther, and it is about 26 inches, in 1/16 scale. Since there was no way to cut the track down a bit, I figured this was close enough and thought I had considered and compensated all of my parts dimensions to deal with that, but I was dead wrong. I was really bummed out. It might not have been that noticeable if I didn't do fenders, but I wasn't happy with that. I wanted fenders and the only thing to do was redo the armored side plates. Soooooo - I carefully cut, sawed and chiseled off what I could manage to salvage and will spend all day fixing things up.

Tomorrow will be a better day.
rex
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4317.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	2176110   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4317x.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	2176111  

Last edited by Rex Ross; 08-08-2016 at 06:30 AM.